Baby Teeth Cleaning: Infant Toothpaste
The dental hygiene of children is essential since the appearance of the first tooth. It is advisable to take measures to prevent oral alterations, only this way a healthier life is guaranteed.
Any precaution is small . Far from what many people think, the problem of caries, a disease caused by the bacterium Streptococcus Mutans , can manifest itself at a very early age. That is why it is necessary to adopt measures that slow down its development and avoid surgery tomorrow
Keep in mind that the mouth is the gateway to food and, in case of illness, daily feeding is complicated. To reduce the risks, a good diet of food is essential and begin the dental hygiene habits as soon as possible .
Causes of dental problems in children
- The diet rich in sugars usually a good ally for the formation of plaque. It is recommended to avoid that the child ingests sweet drinks (juices, infusions with sugar and soft drinks) before sleeping or sugary foods (sweets and cakes).
- It is very common for it to be transmitted through saliva . The risk increases when brushes, cutlery, glasses or food are shared.
- The absence of fluoride in water is also another reason why caries can appear in children.
- Genetics itself can also influence the development of this disease, according to research conducted by experts in dentistry.
- The absence of good hygienic and dietary habits in the family .
Toothbrush for children and infant toothpaste
The cleaning should start at the same time as the first tooth appears. For this, wet gauze can be used and, as the child grows and acquires autonomy, he should be taught to use a soft toothbrush for children, first without toothpaste or with a special paste for three times a day .
Brushing, which can be started after 4 months , should be done with great care. They are very effective in this task the non-slip mango and extra soft filaments that do not cause damage to the delicate gums. It is advisable that the cleaning be done with gentle circular movements on the inside and outside.
As for toothpaste gel, there are children’s toothpaste on the market between 2 and 6 years of age that prevent the advance of caries and remineralize the enamel. They are recommended because they contain active fluoride, mild flavor and do not sting.